Coastal Community is excited to announce the launch of the 2019 Great Things Photo Contest! Members and clients are once again invited to join Coastal Community employees to participate in submitting photos of Great Things across Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands that align with the theme: Insiders’ Know Best. Winning photos will receive $100 and be featured in Coastal Community’s 2020 Great Things Calendar.
Please note, when submitting photos:
- the following contact information must be included with your photo submission:
- full name
- phone number
- email address.
- include a description of where photo was taken and the time of year
- provide a recommended caption for your photo
- all photos that include identifiable people, must be accompanied with a photo waiver
- recommended minimum file size: 3,000 pixels wide x 2,500 pixels high
The contest closes Friday, July 26, 2019 – so get your photos of Great Things: Insiders’ Know Best around Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands in soon! Be sure to read the contest rules below carefully.
Visit www.mycoastal.ca/photocontest to submit your photos.
We look forward to seeing what Great Things you have to share!
Photo Contest Rules & Regulations
- Contest is open from July 8 through, Friday, July 26, 2019.
- Photos must feature Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands content/subject matter.
- The photograph waiver must be read and agreed to for any photographs that include identifiable people.
- Individuals may enter a maximum of 10 photograph submissions.
- Contest details and results will be communicated through Coastal Community’s website (cccu.ca) and http://mycoastal.ca/photocontest.
- Selected photos will be published in the Coastal Community Great Things 2020 Calendar and may also be featured on one, or more, of Coastal Community’s website, corporate cards, other publications or promotional materials.
- By entering the contest, each participant acknowledges having read these rules and regulations and agrees to be bound by them and all decisions of the contest organizers, which shall be final.
- Winners will be contacted by phone or email, and may be required to sign acknowledgement of receipt and acceptance of these rules.
- $100.00 prize will be awarded for each selected photograph.
- Submitted photos must not be currently held in copyright by any individual or organization and must be previously unpublished work.
- By submitting your photos, you agree to grant Coastal Community Credit Union and its wholly owned subsidiaries (Coastal Community Insurance Services (2007) Ltd. and Coastal Community Financial Management Inc.), nonexclusive permission to use your photo in connection with any media, now existing or subsequently developed, for any purpose.
- Copyright of your photo will remain with you. You can continue to use the photo in any way you choose, including allowing others to use it.
- In order that Coastal Community Credit Union can use your photo, you confirm that (a) your photo is your own original work; (b) you own all the rights in the photo, including copyright; (c) you have the right to give Coastal Community Credit Union permission to use your photo for the purposes specified in these rules; (d) the photo is not defamatory and does not infringe any Canadian laws or violate the rights of any third party; (e) you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your photo or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are minors; (f) you waive any moral rights that you may have in the photo; (g) you indemnify Coastal Community Credit Union against any claim, demand, action, suit, or other proceedings against Coastal Community Credit Union arising out of the photo or any false or inaccurate statements.
Given that the intended use of the photos submitted and selected is for the 2020 printed calendar, we require a certain quality of photo.
A minimum of 6 megapixels for an 11" x 8.5" 300 dpi (dots per inch) calendar image is required. If your camera has the option, the preferred setting is Camera Raw; otherwise Camera settings should be set as follows: quality at maximum or fine, with as little compression as possible. The resolution we are after is a minimum of: 3,000 pixels wide x 2,500 pixels high. Do not scale the photo down if it is larger. JPG format will be accepted. Hard copy photographs, inkjet prints from digital files or photocopies will not be accepted.
Only electronic photographs will be accepted. Colour photographs must be submitted using mycoastal.ca/photocontest.
- Information submitted to the contest is stored in the cloud; storage of this information is on a US-based server.
By participating in the Great Things Photo Contest, entrants accept and agree to these official contest rules and guidelines.
If you do not want to grant Coastal Community Credit Union the permission set out in these rules, please do not submit your photo.